When you want to get your real estate license in Hawaii, you need the best online real estate school in Hawaii for your needs. Not all schools are the same. Some may cater to one type of learning style or another.
Before you choose the right school for your needs, compare a few top choices. Let’s look at the best online real estate schools in Hawaii to help you choose.
Top 6 Online Real Estate Schools in Hawaii
1. The CE Shop
The top online real estate school in Hawaii is The CE Shop. They offer a self-paced, online course that will cover all the necessary licensing requirements. With a 91% pass rate for the national exam, you can’t go wrong with this online real estate school.
You can complete the coursework in just three weeks. Of course, you set the pace, so you can take your time, too. The CE Shop offers an online, interactive course with up-to-date content. Whether you’re trying to find just the basics or you want even more, they have a package for you.
The four options offered include:
- Course Only – Get just the 60-hour pre-licensing course for just $399.
- Standard Package – Get the course, along with exam prep edge for $459.
- Value Package – Get the course, exam prep, and the building business courses for $499.
- Premium Package – Get everything in the Value Package, along with a 20-hour continuing education course package for $629.
All of these packages are often deeply discounted compared to these listed prices. You will also receive all of the following with each of the above packages:
- Career Resources
- Downloadable Resources
- Digital Flashcards
- A Study Schedule
- Business eBooks from Experts
- A Real Estate Glossary
Every package comes with all of these features. No matter which option you choose, this is the first step to becoming a real estate agent in Hawaii.
2. Real Estate Express
Another excellent choice in Hawaii for your real estate education is Real Estate Express. They offer an online, self-paced option for those looking to work at their own pace.
If you want to take your course from Real Estate Express, you can choose from four different online packages including:
- The Basics – The most affordable package at $359 will give you the pre-license course you need, along with real estate eBooks and instructor support.
- Exam Preparation – Get a little more for $429, which will give you The Basics along with exam prep and a pass or don’t pay guarantee.
- Exam Preparation Plus – Upgrade even further for $549 and get all that the Exam Preparation package includes, along with an instructor Q&A, live exam crammer series, and a real estate dictionary.
- Ultimate Learning – The most complete package for $649 gives you everything in the Exam Preparation Plus course, along with a printed course textbook and a one-year professional development membership.
Most of the time, the courses are discounted quite a bit. All courses are fully accredited and offer everything you need to get your Hawaii real estate license.
You can’t go wrong with Mbition for your online real estate school in Hawaii. They offer a fast-track, self-paced option with full online access. When you want to meet the requirements of your real estate license, Mbition can help.
Choose from the following options:
- Silver – Get the pre-licensing course with the exam prep toolkit for $375.
- Gold – Get everything in the Silver package, along with national exam prep and a pass guarantee for $450.
- Platinum – Get everything in the Gold package, along with a physical textbook, state exam prep, and Real Estate Basics and Beyond for $632.
All packages come with instructor support and technical support. If you want to complete your online real estate education in a no-fuss manner, Mbition offers just what you need.
4. Carol Ball School of Real Estate
Offering pre-licensing courses in Hawaii, Carol Ball School of Real Estate has Zoom classes you can take. They offer these courses online with schedules for just a few weeks. You can complete your course quickly and get your license sooner with this option.
Courses fill up fast with Carol Ball School of Real Estate. However, the cost is a bit high at $895.
5. Prep Agent
While they are not technically an online real estate school, Prep Agent deserves to be mentioned. When you need to prepare for your real estate exam, they offer some of the best study materials.
You will gain access to both national and state-specific questions will all three options below:
- Basic – Gain access for one week to cram for $59.
- Deluxe – Get one month of access, along with video lessons, audio lessons, flashcards, and more for $79.
- Premium – Get one year of access with all the features of the Deluxe option and live webinars five days a week for $99.
The Premium option also provides hundreds of hours of recorded webinars to help you prepare. All three options give you plenty of help when it’s time to get ready for your real estate exam.
Another option for test prep materials in Hawaii is CompuCram. They give you the most basic study course that can help you prepare for the exam. You get six months of access to use the adaptive learning technology they offer.
The majority of this test prep will focus on the vocabulary you need to learn. It will start with an initial assessment to help figure out where you’re at. While there are no actual lessons, you can certainly use the practice exams to prepare for the real estate exam.
There are three options to choose from:
- State Prep Only – $49
- National Prep Only – $59
- State and National Prep – $89
If you need to prepare for the Hawaii real estate exam, CompuCram offers a good option.
Frequently Asked Questions About Becoming a Real Estate Agent in Hawaii
How much can I make in Hawaii as a real estate agent?
According to Indeed.com, the average earning for a real estate agent is about $101K per year. This is higher than the national average of the United States. Top agents can earn more than $120K in Hawaii each year.
While ZipRecruiter.com only puts the average salary at about $77K, they do have a range that goes up to $156K. The lower average may be due to part-time agent salaries being factored in.
What are the basic requirements to get a real estate license in Hawaii?
Before you sign up to take the pre-licensing course, you need to be a United States resident and at least 18 years of age. It’s also important that you have a clean criminal record. If you have a felony on your record, you might want to speak with someone before deciding to go this route.
How long will it take me to get my real estate license in Hawaii?
You can expect the process to take a few months. It will depend on how quickly you complete the pre-licensing course. For some, it may only take a few weeks, but most will take a few months.
The other steps to get your license may only take a few weeks, however. If you have a broker that you can work with, it can speed up the process.
What is the cost to become a real estate agent in Hawaii?
You will need to spend at least $68 to take the exam. This varies a bit based on the different license application fees in Hawaii. You can also expect to spend around $400 for your pre-licensing course. If you decide to get exam prep, this may cost a bit more.
What will be covered on the real estate exam in Hawaii?
The exam will cover 130 total questions with 80 on the national portion and 50 on the state section. The exam is pretty straightforward and easy to take. However, it’s not an easy exam. You will need at least a 75% score to pass the exam.
What happens if I fail the exam?
You can retake the real estate exam in Hawaii as many times as you need to. If you fail, you will need to pay a fee to retake the exam. While you can retake the exam, this will cost you money and time. Make sure you are prepared the first time and you won’t have to worry about a retake.
When you want to start a career in real estate in Hawaii, you need to know how to get your license. It starts with meeting the basic requirements. Then, you will need to find one of the best online real estate schools in Hawaii to complete your pre-licensing course.
Of course, you still have to pass your real estate exam. With good exam prep, you will be prepared to pass on the first attempt. Make sure you compare the schools found above to find the right one for your needs.