When you want to become a real estate agent, you’ll need a real estate license. The best online real estate schools in Minnesota will provide the pre-licensing course you need. After choosing the right school, you can take the first step towards entering a real estate career.
It’s not an easy decision when you start looking into the online real estate schools in Minnesota. There are several good choices. Let’s compare a few of the best options for your needs.
Top 5 Online Real Estate Schools in Minnesota
1. The CE Shop
One of the best online real estate schools in Minnesota is The CE Shop. They provide a 91% national exam pass rate and a 96% student satisfaction rate. When you need to complete the pre-licensing course in Minnesota, it’s hard to find a better option.
With The CE Shop, you can complete the course in just three weeks. It’s a self-paced, online course, so you can take as long as you need, too. They offer four different course options including:
- Course Only – For $679, you will get just the pre-licensing course.
- Standard Package – Upgrade to the $739 option and get exam prep edge and a pass guarantee to go with the course.
- Value Package – For $779, you get everything in the Standard Package and the business building courses.
- Premium Package – The most complete package is $849 and includes the course, exam prep, a pass guarantee, the business building courses, and a 15-hour CE package.
Most of the time, you can get a deep discount on any package you prefer.
All four packages will also come with the following resources:
- Digital Flashcards
- A Study Schedule
- A Real Estate Glossary
- Business eBooks from Experts
- Career Resources
- Downloadable Resources
You get everything you need to complete the pre-licensing course from The CE Shop. With most packages, you will get a pass guarantee and the exam prep you need, as well.
If you’re ready to start your real estate career in Minnesota, The CE Shop is the right online real estate school for you.
2. Real Estate Express
Another very good real estate school in Minnesota is Real Estate Express. This online option gives you two choices: self-paced or Livestream.
If you choose the self-paced course, you will be able to work online from anywhere. Work through the course material as fast or as slow as you prefer. The Livestream option comes with a set schedule you select. You will have an instructor and you will be able to interact with other students.
The four self-paced course options include:
- The Basics – Get the most basic package with the pre-licensing course, three eBooks, and instructor support for $599.
- Exam Preparation – If you want exam prep and a pass or don’t pay guarantee, this package offers both with all the basics for $658.
- Exam Preparation Plus – Get everything from the previous two packages, along with the live exam crammer series, a real estate dictionary, and an instructor Q&A for $725.
- Ultimate Learning – Add on a printed textbook and a one-year professional development membership for $814.
Usually, you can get any of these packages for a deep discount.
If you prefer an instructor and a schedule, you can get the Livestream option for $814. This course will give you everything you need including:
- The 90-hour pre-licensing course
- Three real estate eBooks
- A pass or don’t pay guarantee
- Exam preparation
- Printed textbooks
- Instructor support
You can usually get this course at a discounted price of less than $600. No matter which option you choose, Real Estate Express provides everything you need to get your Minnesota real estate license.
3. Kaplan Real Estate Education
A well-known name in education, Kaplan offers everything you need to get your real estate license. They offer both online video courses and live online packages. You can even choose a hybrid package with both live online and OnDemand options.
Kaplan is one of the best online real estate schools in Minnesota. They offer all of the following options:
- 8-hour Closer Pre-license Online Video Course – For $145, you get a pre-recorded, instructor-led course with physical textbooks. This course is an entry-level course that will satisfy the state requirements.
- 30-Hour Pre-License Online Video Course – For $249, you get the pre-licensing course, a live interactive study group, and a career mentor connection.
- 30-hour Pre-License Online Video Course with Exam Prep – For $309, you get the pre-licensing course, along with OnDemand exam prep, and virtual classroom exam proctoring.
- 30-Hour Pre-License Live Online Class with Exam Prep – For $369, you get the pre-licensing course with an interactive study group and a live online classroom environment.
- Complete Pre-License Hybrid Package – For $789, you get all three pre-licensing courses with OnDemand video, exam prep, an interactive study group, and more.
- Complete Pre-License Live Online Package – For $899, you get all three pre-licensing courses, along with exam prep in a live online classroom.
- Career Launcher Online Video Package – For $929, you get all three pre-licensing courses with exam prep, access to the QBank, the real estate accelerator, and more, all in the OnDemand video format.
- Career Launcher Live Online Package – For $1,099, you get all three pre-licensing courses with exam prep, access to the QBank, and the real estate accelerator in a live online classroom setting.
The less expensive packages only include the first of the three 30-hour pre-licensing courses. Make sure you get the right package for your needs.
4. Prep Agent
One of the top options for real estate exam prep, Prep Agent offers a great choice. You will still need to complete your pre-license course with another online real estate school, however. Prep Agent is only an exam prep option.
They offer three choices:
- Basic – $59 – Gain access to thousands of practice questions for one week.
- Deluxe – $79 – Get video and audio lessons, along with the practice questions for one month.
- Premium – $99 – Get everything in the other packages, along with live and recorded webinars for one year.
Unless you’re short on time, the Premium package is the most complete and the best for exam prep. However, you can use the Basic or the Deluxe package to cram for your exam.
While you cannot complete your pre-licensing course through Mbition, they do offer a good exam prep course. Just like Prep Agent, they only offer exam prep materials. You can choose from two different options with plenty of practice questions and exam prep materials. However, this exam prep will only help you on the national portion of the exam.
The basic option is $59 and gives you access to 1,000 practice questions. With the upgraded option, you pay $129 and gain access to the MathMaster course and the complete exam prep toolkit.
Frequently Asked Questions About Becoming a Minnesota Real Estate Agent
How much money can I make as a real estate agent in Minnesota?
If you look at the salary on Indeed.com, they state a Minnesota real estate agent can make over $85K per year, on average. Working for one of the top real estate companies can help you make an even higher salary. You can also earn more as you gain more experience.
Salary.com puts the average for agents working in Minneapolis, MN at $46,505, however. The range from this source is about $44K to $70K.
What are the basic requirements to get a real estate license in Minnesota?
You will need to be at least 18 years of age with a high school education and the ability to work in the United States to get your license. In Minnesota, you also need to find a sponsoring brokerage and complete the 90-hour pre-licensing course. After you pass the exam and final your application, you can get your license.
How long will it take me to become an agent in Minnesota?
The amount of time it will take to become a real estate agent in Minnesota varies. It will take at least three weeks to complete the pre-licensing course. It’s also reasonable to assume another two weeks for processing the application and taking the exam.
If all goes perfectly, you can get your license in five or six weeks. However, it’s more common for it to take two to four months.
What is the cost of a Minnesota real estate license?
You will need to spend at least $165 for the exam fee and licensing fee. On top of this, you will need a pre-licensing course and exam prep materials. It’s reasonable to assume you will spend between $350 and $700 to get your real estate license in Minnesota.
What happens if I fail the exam?
If you fail the real estate exam, you can try two more times to pass. If you fail a third time, you will have to retake the course.
When you’re ready to enter into a real estate career in Minnesota, you need the right pre-licensing course. An online real estate school offers a great option. You won’t have to attend courses in a classroom with this type of course. Make sure you compare a few options from above to choose the right one for you.