If you’re thinking about becoming a real estate agent, you need the right training. With one of the online real estate schools in Pennsylvania, you’ll get the training you need. A license is necessary and the right courses must be completed.
There are many good online real estate schools to consider. you want to look at what makes each one different. The top online real estate school in Pennsylvania might not be the right choice for you. Let’s look at how you can choose the best school for your needs.
How to Choose the Right Online Real Estate School in Pennsylvania
You will need to complete the proper training to become a real estate agent. With an online real estate school, you can do this from the comfort of your home. When you start looking at the best schools, you will notice some differences.
Before you decide on the right real estate school in Pennsylvania for you, consider the following:
- The Cost – How much the school costs is likely one of the main factors you’ll consider. Many schools offer more for a higher cost, but you want to make sure you know what you’re getting for the cost.
- The Class Schedule – Getting a schedule that fits with your schedule just makes sense. You only really need to consider this when you’re considering live classes.
- Your Learning Style – If you prefer to learn by reading on your own, choose a self-paced program. However, if you need live courses, video courses, or even audio courses, make sure you choose a real estate school that fits your style.
- What You Get – Of course, you want to look at the value of the course or school you choose. Some real estate schools offer more for the same cost.
- The School’s Reputation – Reading online reviews will help you determine if a school is a good option. Past students will help you determine the reputation of the school through online reviews.
With these factors in mind, you can better evaluate each of the top online real estate schools found in Pennsylvania. Here’s a closer look at some of the top choices.
Top 6 Online Real Estate Schools in Pennsylvania
One of the top online real estate schools in Pennsylvania is Mbition. This real estate school will help you fast-track your career. Every package they offer gives you what you need to become a real estate agent in Pennsylvania.
Packages from Mbition include:
- Silver Solution – This is the lowest cost option at $399. With this package, you get MathMasters, technical support, and instructor support.
- Gold Solution – For just a little bit more at $465, you can upgrade to add exam prep and a Pass the First Time Guarantee. You will get exam prep for both the national and the state exam with this package.
- Platinum Solution – A very comprehensive option at $525, the Platinum Solution adds an introduction course to the profession to your package.
All three packages include the 75-hour Pennsylvania sales pre-license course. Often, there is a discount code for up to 15% off the package of your choice with Mbition. You can also find continuing education courses through Mbition.
2. Aceable Agent
Another top option when it comes to your real estate education, Aceable Agent has plenty to offer. They provide all the necessary prelicensing courses. This is a 100% online option and you can work at your own pace.
Aceable Agent is known as the most accessible online real estate school. This school makes it easy to meet the requirements in Pennsylvania. You’ll be able to complete the 75-hour real estate course through Aceable Agent.
Choose from three packages:
- The Essentials – For $344, you get everything you need to complete your real estate training. This package even includes lite exam prep and instructor support.
- Ace The Exam – When you upgrade to this package, you’ll pay $474. You get everything from the Essentials package, along with 75 video lessons, 70 audio lessons, deluxe real estate exam prep, and more.
- Ultimate Interactive – For $660, you get the most comprehensive package from Aceable Agent. This package includes everything from the Ace The Exam package, along with one hour of private tutoring, live webinars, a live Q&A session, and more.
It’s not uncommon to get up to about a 30% discount on your package. No matter which level you choose, you’ll be able to become a real estate agent in Pennsylvania with Aceable Agent.
A very recognizable name in education, Kaplan provides several real estate education options. It’s one of the top online real estate schools in Pennsylvania with a few options to choose from.
You can get the Master Exam Prep Package for $429. This package will give you the 75-hour licensing course, along with exam prep for both the national and the state exams.
Another option is to get the Career Launcher Package. You get everything from the Master Exam Prep Package, along with the real estate accelerator course. This is an eight-hour intensive course to help give you the real-world tools and skills you need.
It’s also possible to choose the Pennsylvania Real Estate Practice course for $199. It’s a 45-hour course covering all kinds of topics from Real Estate Business to Sales Contracts to Property Management.
When you choose Kaplan, you get one of the best names in education. If you’re trying to become a real estate agent, this might just be a perfect choice.
4. The CE Shop
You can also trust The CE Shop for your online real estate school needs in Pennsylvania. This school offers the 75-hour pre-licensing course and plenty more. If you want another good option, this is one to consider.
The CE Shop offers four options ranging from just the course you need for prelicensing to a premium package. Prices range from $399 to $559, but there are often discounts of up to 25%.
All packages include the Business eBooks, career resources, downloadable resources, digital flashcards, and a study schedule. If you choose the course-only package, you get just the 75-hour prelicensing course. You can also upgrade to add exam prep, business building courses, and even a 14-hour post-licensing course.
If you prefer an audio course, RealEstateU is a good option. They offer the 75-hour prelicensing course in audio version so you can listen on the go. You will also get 29 infographics to help you study and course workbooks.
RealEstateU only offers one package, which is $149 plus tax. The total cost comes out to $159.43.
6. Scott-White Career Institute
If you want to choose a real estate school located in Pennsylvania the Scott-White Career Institute is the right choice. They offer a unique feature called CompuCram, which is an intensive program to prepare you for the exam. With this feature, this school has achieved an 87% pass rate.
The cost will be around $560 for this option. If you don’t add on CompuCram, the cost might be lower. However, this real estate school won’t cover all the hours you need in just one course.
Frequently Asked Questions About Becoming a Real Estate Agent in Pennsylvania
How much can I earn as a real estate agent in Pennsylvania?
According to Indeed.com, a real estate agent in Pennsylvania can make around $78,800 per year. While this is 16% lower than the national average, you can earn even more after you gain 10 years of experience. Some real estate companies have agents earning well over $100K per year, however.
Working in Plymouth Meeting, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, or Camp Hill will also give you a higher average salary. These are the highest paying market for real estate agents in Pennsylvania.
Salary.com has the average salary for real estate agents at a lower amount at $43,308 per year. The range goes from about $41,397 to $65,811, however.
What type of benefits will I get as a real estate agent in Pennsylvania?
Many real estate agents gain the ability to work from home and a flexible schedule. Since you will likely be working as an independent contractor, most benefits will be up to you to provide for yourself. However, with the right broker, you can get some professional development assistance and other benefits, too.
How do real estate agents get paid in Pennsylvania?
Most real estate agents get paid on commissions only. When you sell a house for a client or help a client buy a home, you will get paid a commission. The standard commission is 3% of the sales price, but you will likely split this with your broker.
If you want to become a real estate agent, finding the best online real estate school in Pennsylvania is necessary. There are plenty of great choices. Once you find the right school, you can complete all the necessary coursework.
After you’ve completed the course, just pass your exams and you will become a licensed real estate agent.