When you decide to become a North Carolina real estate agent, you will likely need an online real estate school in North Carolina. With one of the best online real estate schools in North Carolina, you will get the help you need to become a real estate agent. There are plenty of great options to choose from.
Before you make the decision, you want to make sure you’re choosing a top school. It needs to offer the 75 hours of mandatory real estate pre-licensing courses, along with test prep, if you need it. Let’s look at the top online real estate schools in North Carolina to make your decision easier.
Best 6 Online Real Estate Schools in North Carolina
1. Aceable Agent
One of the top options for your real estate education, Aceable Agent offers everything you need in North Carolina. They offer the NCREC Approved 75-hour real estate pre-licensing course, along with so much more. You get a self-paced package allowing you to work on your schedule.
Aceable Agent has a 94% pass rate for the national exam. They offer the course in bite-size chunks to make it easier to work through the required 75 hours of content. Choose from three different options including:
- Basic – The Essentials package gives you everything you need including the 75-hour real estate course, lite exam prep with 300+ practiced questions, instructor support, and a multimedia learning experience for $594.
- Deluxe – The Ace The Exam package offers everything from the Basic option, along with 75 video lessons, 70 audio lessons, deluxe exam prep with 1,500+ practice questions, and a real estate exam prep e-book for $719.
- Premium – The Ultimate Interactive option gives you everything in the Deluxe package, along with a one-hour private tutoring session, live webinars five times a week, and a live Q&A session for $844.
The price with Aceable Agent is often discounted by up to 20%. If you’re looking for a complete, self-paced option, this is the best online real estate school in North Carolina for your needs.
2. The CE Shop
Another great option for your online real estate school in North Carolina is The CE Shop. They offer a self-paced online course and have been doing so since 2005. With plenty of options to choose from, you can get the extra features you want including free online proctoring for the exam.
You can get a pass guarantee with The CE Shop to ensure you pass the licensing exam. They offer the required education hours, exam prep, post-licensing options, continuing education, and more.
The CE Shop offers three different options including:
- Standard Package – Get the most basic package with the pre-licensing course, a pass guarantee, exam prep edge, and free online proctoring for $715.
- Value Package – Get everything offered in the standard package, along with business building courses for $755.
- Premium Package – Get everything in the value package, along with the 90-hours North Carolina post-licensing package for $1079.
All packages from The CE Shop offer the following:
- Business eBooks
- Digital Flashcards
- A Study Schedule
- Career Resources
- Downloadable Resources
- A Real Estate Glossary
- Instructor-Led Webinars
Most of the time, these packages are discounted by quite a bit.
3. Kaplan Real Estate Education
One of the most trusted names in online education, Kaplan offers the right real estate courses in North Carolina. Many students believe this is one of the best online real estate schools in North Carolina. They have more than 80 years of education experience and have provided many online options for professionals.
Kaplan provides the pre-licensing course you need, along with exam prep, post-licensing courses, continuing education courses, and professional development courses. Choose from four different packages including:
- Online Broker Prelicensing package – Get the 75-hour prelicensing courses, along with the real estate drill and practice Qbank, exam prep OnDemand, exam prep pre-test review, exam prep post-test review, virtual classroom exam proctoring, and an interactive study group for $449.
- Live Online Broker Prelicensing package – Get everything from the online broker package, along with the Modern Real Estate Practice in North Carolina Textbook and live online exam prep for $549.
- Online Broker Career Launcher package – Get everything from the Online broker package, along with the Real Estate Accelerator package for $649.
- Live Online Broker Career Launcher package – Get everything from the Live Online Broker package, along with the Real Estate Accelerator for $749.
The Real Estate Accelerator offers a $399 value with the following features:
- Eight-hour bootcamp training
- Business plan development
- 6-month CRM subscription
- Marketing plan development
- Eight weeks of personal coaching
- Income plan development
- Eight weeks of goal tracking software access
Choose from these four packages from one of the best online real estate schools in North Carolina.
Another very good online real estate school in North Carolina is MBition. With more than 25 years of experience, MBition offers a great choice to get your real estate license in North Carolina. They offer the necessary pre-licensing courses, exam prep, continuing education, and professional development courses.
Choose from three different course options including:
- Silver Solution – Get the 75-hour pre-license course, along with MathMaster, Instructor Support, and Technical Support with this basic course for $355.
- Gold Solution – Get everything in the Silver Solution package, along with National Real Estate Exam Prep and a Pass the First Time Guarantee for $393.
- Platinum Solution – Get everything in the Golf Package, along with a physical textbook and The Real Estate Exam Prep toolkit with flashcards and study tips for $474.
Often, these courses will be discounted by quite a bit.
5. Superior School of Real Estate
Another option for your North Carolina real estate pre-licensing education is the Superior School of Real Estate. They offer the necessary pre-licensing course, along with post-licensing and continuing education courses. They offer Livestream classes, self-paced online courses, and in-person courses.
The in-person courses are held in Cornelius, Greensboro, Winston-Salem, Durham, and Charlotte. If you want to take an in-person course, it will cost $479 and you will need to choose a class schedule. They offer Saturday/Sunday schedules, Thursday/Friday schedules, Tuesday/Wednesday schedules, Monday/Tuesday schedules, and Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday schedules.
The online options include two options, which are:
- The Online-Only Option – This option will give you the 75-hour pre-licensing course with 180 days of access to take the final exam. It comes with quizzes to help you prepare for $479.
- The Virtual Option – Choose your virtual class schedule and take the 75-hour pre-licensing course for $479.
While this online real estate school doesn’t offer much for test prep, they do have virtual and in-person options.
6. Real Estate Express
While Real Estate Express doesn’t offer the 75-hour pre-licensing courses in North Carolina, they do offer exam prep. You can get progress exams, final exams, custom exams, digital flashcards, and a pass or don’t pay guarantee from Real Estate Express. This package is just $99 and will help you prepare for the national and state real estate licensing exams.
Frequently Asked Questions about North Carolina Real Estate Licensing
Is the prelicensing course required in North Carolina?
In most cases, yes, you will need to complete the 75-hour prelicensing course. However, if you have a bachelor’s degree or higher in real estate, real estate finance, real estate development, or brokerage, you can skip the prelicensing course. This is also the case if you have a law degree.
What are the post-licensing requirements in North Carolina?
After you earn your real estate license in North Carolina, you will need to complete a 90-hour post-licensing course. This will allow you to gain full status as a broker after becoming a provisional broker.
How long will it take me to complete the North Carolina real estate prelicensing course?
The course is 75 total hours long. While it can be completed in as little as 10 days, most students will take longer than just 10 days to complete the course. It’s common for this course to take two or three months to complete. It will depend on the type of prelicensing course you choose.
With a self-paced online option from one of the best online real estate schools in North Carolina, you control how fast or slow you complete the course. However, if you choose a virtual classroom option or an in-person option, the schedule you choose will dictate how long it takes you to complete the course.
Can I complete my prelicensing course online in North Carolina?
Yes, you can complete the entire prelicensing course, along with all your exams online. The exam will need to be proctored, but that can be done virtually. Even the background check can be completed online when you want to become a North Carolina real estate agent.
If you’re ready to get your real estate license in North Carolina, you need the right real estate school. One of the best online real estate schools in North Carolina will offer everything you need. You can even take the post-licensing course and continuing education courses through the right online real estate school.