You can become a real estate agent in Wisconsin without spending four years in college. It’s a great career to go into for those not looking to get a formal degree. However, you will still need one of the best online real estate schools in Wisconsin.
While you don’t need a college degree, you do need the right education. In Wisconsin, you’ll need to complete pre-licensing courses. With an online real estate school, you can complete this education.
Choosing the right one of the best online real estate schools in Wisconsin may depend on how you learn. Let’s look at a few of the top options so you can choose the right one for you.
Top 7 Online Real Estate Schools in Wisconsin
1. Real Estate Express
Known as one of the best online real estate schools in Wisconsin, Real Estate Express offers online and Livestream packages. You will get everything you need to become a real estate agent in Wisconsin through this school. Whether you prefer to take courses in real-time or at your own pace, they have the right options for you.
Real Estate Express offers the following online real estate packages:
- The Basics – You will get the 72-hour pre-licensing courses, two real estate eBooks, and instructor support for $375.
- Exam Preparation – Get everything from The Basics, along with exam prep and a pass or don’t pay guarantee for $449.
- Exam Preparation Plus – Get everything from the Exam Preparation packages, along with the live exam crammer series, a real estate dictionary, and an instructor Q&A for $525.
- Ultimate Learning – Get everything from the Exam Preparation Plus package, along with a 90-day boot camp, a printed textbook, and content from actual real estate agents for $599.
All of these courses are commonly discounted by up to 25%.
You can also choose the Livestream course, which offers different schedules for $599. This course is also often discounted and offers everything you need including exam prep.
2. The CE Shop
Another one of the top online real estate schools in Wisconsin is The CE Shop. They offer the 72-hour pre-licensing course with a 96% student satisfaction rate. They also boast a 91% national exam pass rate. You can even complete the course in as little as two weeks if you work full-time on the content.
The CE Shop offers the following options:
- Course Only – For $399, you get the 72-hour pre-licensing course only.
- Standard Package – For $459, you get the pre-licensing course, exam prep edge, and a pass guarantee.
- Value Package – For $509, you get everything in the Standard Package, along with building business courses.
- Premium Package – For $599, you get everything in the Value Package, along with the 18-hour continuing education package.
You can often get a discount of up to 25% on any of these packages. All packages also include digital flashcards, a study schedule, additional resources, and more.
If you want to complete your pre-licensing course in Wisconsin online, Mbition does offer a good option. This is another one of the best online real estate schools in Wisconsin.
Choose from three different packages including:
- Silver – This package is $309 and includes the 72-hour pre-licensing course, along with support and the MathMaster course.
- Gold – This package is $359 and includes everything in the Silver package, along with exam prep and a pass the first time guarantee.
- Platinum – This package is $409 and includes everything in the Gold package, along with the exam prep toolkit.
There are plenty of options to choose from with Mbition. They even offer the self-paced pre-licensing course by itself for $299.
You can use this 100% online and self-paced option to get your license. RealEstateU offers one of the cheapest online options in Wisconsin. For $199, you will get the online audio courses, infographics to help you study, supporting documents, a course glossary, and a certification of completion.
While this is one of the cheapest options on the list, it only works for those that prefer an audio course. If you prefer videos or written content, this course may not be the best choice for you.
A well-known name in real estate education, Kaplan offers an online and home study version of the pre-licensing course. This online real estate school will give you up to six months to complete the coursework. They offer the following online and home study packages:
- Wisconsin Real Estate Principles – The most basic option, this package includes the 72-hour pre-licensing course in video format. The Home Study option is $349. The Online version is $389 and comes with an interactive study group.
- Wisconsin Real Estate Principles with Exam Prep – Get the 72-hour pre-license course, along with an exam prep online video course and an OnDemand course with this option. The Home Study version is $389 and the Online version is $429.
- Career Launcher Package – The most complete package, this package has the pre-licensing course, exam prep, and the real estate accelerator course. The Home Study version is $589 and the Online version is $629.
You can also get the Minnesota to Wisconsin real estate license course, which is a 13-hour course for $229. Kaplan has plenty to offer for your online real estate education.
6. Turnkey School of Real Estate
If you want to finish your pre-licensing course quickly, Turnkey School of real Estate offers an in-person live and virtual live course. The in-person live course can be done in two weeks over eight total sessions. The on-demand course allows you to choose when you take the course and can also be completed quickly.
In-person courses offer different schedules with daytime and evening options. It’s $450 and it will be held in Appleton.
There is no schedule with the virtual course. You can take this course on your computer at any time of the day. For $325, you will get six months of access.
7. Action Real Estate School
The final online real estate school on this list in Wisconsin is Action Real Estate School. They offer classroom, online, and on-demand options for your real estate education.
The classroom option is $450, which includes your books. It is held with a schedule on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 5:0pm to 9:30pm or on Saturdays from 9am to 1pm for six weeks. If you prefer a classroom setting, this is the right option for you.
You can use the online version of this course for $350. This option will provide video reviews and exercises to help you work through the content.
The on-demand option is $325 and offers immediate access. You can work through the course at your own pace and complete the pre-licensing education on your own schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions About Becoming a Real Estate Agent in Wisconsin
What is the average salary for a Wisconsin real estate agent?
A real estate agent in Wisconsin can earn around $88K, on average, per year, according to Indeed.com. This salary will likely go up with experience. Some of the top real estate firms have agents earning more than $100K per year.
ZipRecruiter.com has a little bit of a lower average salary at around $62K per year. They have the range going from $18K to about $95K per year for real estate agents in Wisconsin.
What can I expect on the real estate exam in Wisconsin?
The Wisconsin real estate exam has 140 total questions. It’s a computer-based exam with multiple-choice questions. You will have four hours to complete the entire exam. It will be split into a national section and a state section.
Is the Wisconsin real estate exam difficult?
Yes, if you go into it unprepared, it can be very difficult. You will need to score a 75% to pass the exam. If you don’t pass, you can retake the exam as many times as you need to, but you will need to pay a retake fee.
How fast can I complete my pre-licensing course in Wisconsin?
With a full-time schedule, you can complete the pre-licensing course in Wisconsin in just two weeks. Many options provide this type of course schedule. However, you can also take your time and work at your own pace.
What is the cost of getting a Wisconsin real estate license?
There are fees you will need to pay to get your license, which add up to $150 in Wisconsin. You will also need to pay for a pre-licensing course, which can range from about $200 to $600. Overall, you can expect to pay between $350 and $750 to get your real estate license in Wisconsin.
Before you take the steps to become a real estate agent, you need one of the best online real estate schools in Wisconsin. Completing your pre-licensing education is just the start. Make sure you get exam prep, if you think you will need it. Compare a few options from above to figure out which one is best for you.