When you’re ready to enter the real estate industry, you’ll need to get the proper license. With one of the best real estate schools in Kentucky, you can complete your pre-licensing course. This is the first step to becoming a real estate agent.
Finding the right online school for your pre-licensing course is important. By comparing a few of the best online real estate schools in Kentucky, you can find the right one for you. Let’s look at some of the top choices.
Top 6 Online Real Estate Schools in Kentucky
1. The CE Shop
Choosing The CE Shop will give you one of the best online real estate schools in Kentucky. They offer everything you need with options ranging from just the course to everything you need to become a new real estate agent.
The CE Shop has an 82% national pass rate and a 61% state pass rate, which is much higher than the regular averages. They boast a 96% student satisfaction rate, as well.
When you choose this online real estate school, you can work at your own pace. The pre-licensing course can be completed in as little as three weeks if you work at it full-time. However, you can take your time and work at your own pace, too.
Choose from four different packages including:
- Course Only – If you just want the 96-hour pre-licensing course, the cost is $479.
- Standard Package – You can add exam prep edge and a pass guarantee to your course for $539.
- Value Package – For $589, you get everything in the Standard Package, along with business building courses.
- Premium Package – The most complete option is $779 and includes everything listed in other packages, along with the 48-hour post-licensing course.
It’s common to find these packages deeply discounted by up to 35%.
All packages also come with the following features:
- A Study Schedule
- A Real Estate Glossary
- Downloadable Resources
- Career Resources
- Business eBooks from Experts
- Digital Flashcards
You can get everything you need to pass the real estate exams with The CE Shop. If you want to become a real estate agent in Kentucky, this online real estate school provides one of the best options.
2. Kaplan Real Estate Education
If you want a top online real estate school in Kentucky, Kaplan is a good choice. They know how to provide excellent online real estate education options. When you choose Kaplan, you can decide between three different courses:
- Kentucky Real Estate Principles – Get the required 96-hour pre-licensing course for $399. You will also gain access to an interactive study group with this option.
- Kentucky Real Estate Principles with Exam Prep – This option gives you the pre-licensing course, along with online video exam prep, an interactive study group, and the real estate accelerator. The cost is $429 for this package.
- Career Launcher – For $629, you get the most complete package with everything in the above packages and more. This package comes with access to the practice QBank, along with plenty of other benefits.
No matter which package you choose from Kaplan, you will get what you need to become a Kentucky real estate agent.
3. Real Estate Express
Another good choice for your online real estate school is Real Estate Express. They offer two options in Kentucky. You can choose the online, self-paced course or the Livestream option.
When you choose an online package, you can study when you want and from where you want. With the Livestream packages, you get a live instructor and a schedule. Both options offer everything you need to complete your real estate pre-licensing course in Kentucky.
The online packages include the following options:
- The Basics – Get the pre-licensing course with instructor support and three real estate eBooks for $439.
- Exam Preparation – Get everything in The Basics, along with exam prep and a pass or don’t pay guarantee for $498.
- Exam Preparation Plus – Get everything in the Exam Preparation course, along with a 48-hour post-licensing course, the live exam crammer series, an instructor Q&A, and a real estate dictionary for $616.
- Ultimate Learning – The best package offered provides everything in the Exam Preparation Plus package, along with a printed textbook and a one-year professional development membership for $705.
Often, these packages are discounted by up to 20%. You can also choose the Livestream option, which comes with different schedules. This course is $705 (often discounted to less than $500) and offers:
- Classes of 3:30
- The 96-hour pre-licensing course
- Instructor support
- Exam preparation
- Printed textbooks
- Downloadable eBooks
- A pass or don’t pay guarantee
You get everything you need with the Livestream option. If you prefer to learn from an instructor, with a set schedule, this is a great option.
4. Kentucky Realtor Institute
When you choose to work with the Kentucky Realtor Institute, you gain one year of access to the course material. You will get an elite learning package with two different parks. The first part covers modern real estate practices, while the second park covers Kentucky license law.
Choose from a few different packages including:
- Silver – For $679, you will get both part A and part B of the pre-licensing course.
- Gold – For $749, you get part A and part B, along with a textbook, law book, and study guide.
- Platinum – For $849, you will get everything in the Gold package, along with exam prep.
You can also purchase the courses separately. Part A is $499 and Part B is $180. The textbook with the study guide is $94, while the Kentucky license law manual is $45, and the exam prep is $99.
When you need the right exam prep in Kentucky, Mbition offers a good choice. They don’t offer any pre-licensing courses, but they do offer options to prepare you for the real estate exam.
You can choose from the Exam Prep Plus for $59 and the Master Exam Prep Package for $129. Both offer great options to get you prepared for your real estate exam.
The Exam Prep Plus package comes with more than 1,000 practice questions, a testing mode, a training mode, and feedback reporting. If you choose the Master Exam Prep Package, you will also get MathMaster and the real estate exam prep toolkit.
6. Prep Agent
Another good option for your exam prep is Prep Agent. Just like Mbition, they don’t offer the pre-licensing course you need in Kentucky. However, they do offer high-quality exam prep materials you can use.
Choose from the one-week, one-month, or one-year options for your subscription. You will gain access to national and state-specific practice questions and explanations with each option. The one-month option will also unlock video and audio lessons. If you choose the one-year option, you will also gain access to live and recorded webinars.
The cost for Prep Agent is $59, $79, or $99, depending on the option you choose. When you need to prepare for your real estate exam, Prep Agent can help.
Frequently Asked Questions About Becoming a Kentucky Real Estate Agent
What can I expect to earn each year as a real estate agent in Kentucky?
According to Indeed.com, the average salary for a real estate agent in Kentucky is $68K per year. However, top agents can earn well over $100K per year.
The median salary, according to Salary.com, is about $41K, however. They put the range at about $39K to $62K for real estate agents.
What are the basic requirements to become a real estate agent in Kentucky?
You need to be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or GED to become a real estate agent. It’s also necessary to pass a criminal background check. Of course, you need to complete the pre-licensing course and pass the real estate exam.
What will be covered on the Kentucky real estate exam?
There will be 120 questions on the exam in Kentucky. You can retake the test if you fail it the first time. About 74% of students will pass the national part, while only about 58% will pass the state portion. With the right exam prep, you can pass both on your first try.
A 75% score is necessary to pass the national and federal portions. You can retake the exam as many times as you need. However, you will need to pay for each attempt.
How long will it take me to become a real estate agent in Kentucky?
The application and background check process will take a few weeks to complete. However, the biggest amount of time will be for the pre-licensing course. This course takes 96 total hours and can be completed in three weeks or longer.
Most students will need two or three months to complete the course. The entire process will take a few months to complete, for most people.
If you’re ready to become a Kentucky real estate agent, you need the right online real estate school. Choose from the top options above and you’ll be well on your way.