A Louisiana real estate agent has to be properly licensed. With one of the best online real estate schools in Louisiana, you can become licensed. These schools offer the pre-licensing course you need.
Before you decide which school is right for you, make sure you look at a few options. Let’s compare a few of the top online real estate schools in Louisiana to help you decide.
Top 7 Online Real Estate Schools in Louisiana
1. Real Estate Express
The top real estate school online in Louisiana is Real Estate Express. They offer more for your money than any other course on this list. Whether you want just the basics or you prefer exam prep with your package, they have the right option for you.
When you choose Real Estate Express for your pre-licensing course, you can choose from the following four packages:
- The Basics – This package costs $269 and gives you the 90-hour pre-licensing course. You will also get instructor support and three real estate eBooks.
- Exam Preparation – This package costs $328 and provides everything from The Basics package. You will also get exam prep and a pass or don’t pay guarantee.
- Exam Preparation Plus – This package costs $395 and includes everything in the Exam Preparation package. You will also get the live exam crammer series, a real estate dictionary, and an instructor Q&A.
- Ultimate Learning – This package costs $484 and includes everything in the Exam Preparation Plus package. You will also get a printed textbook and a one-year professional development membership.
Often, you can get these packages for a discount of around 20%. No matter which option you choose, you can get your real estate license in Louisiana from the comfort of your home.
Another good online real estate school is Mbition. They offer an online, self-paced option to fulfill your pre-licensing requirements. You can also choose a package with exam prep.
All packages will include the pre-licensing course you need, MathMaster, instructor support, and technical support. Choose from the following options:
- Silver – $259
- Gold – You get national exam prep and a pass the first-time guarantee with this package for $279.
- Platinum – This package gives you everything in the Gold Package, along with a printed textbook and the real estate exam prep toolkit for $299.
As one of the most affordable options in Louisiana, Mbition offers a great choice for your real estate education.
3. The CE Shop
With a national exam pass rate above 90% and a high student satisfaction rate, you can’t go wrong with The CE Shop. They offer a completely online and self-paced course you can complete in as little as three weeks. Of course, you can take your time and work at your own pace.
All packages will include digital flashcards, a study schedule, and additional resources. Choose from four options below:
- Course Only – The 90-hour pre-licensing course is $279.
- Standard Package – For $349, you get the course, along with exam prep edge.
- Value Package – This package includes the course, exam prep edge, and the business building courses for $389.
- Premium Package – You can get everything in the Value Package, along with the 45-hour post-licensing course for $479.
It’s common to find these packages at a deeply discounted cost, sometimes more than 30% off.
4. Burk Baker School of Real Estate & Appraising
Complete the 90-hour pre-licensing course in Louisiana through this top online real estate school. With the Burk Baker School of Real Estate & Appraising, you can take the 90-hour Real Estate 101 course with the following options:
- 30 Days of Access for $195
- Three Months of Access for $295
- Six Months of Access for $395
If you choose the 30-day option, you can purchase another 30-day extension for $99. With the three-month option, 30-day extensions cost $75 and they are $50 for the six-month option.
5. Bob Brooks School of Real Estate
Since 1971, the Bob Brooks School of Real Estate has helped new agents get the education they need. You can start with the first six pre-licensing lessons for free. Of course, you will need to complete the full 90-hour pre-licensing course to become a real estate agent.
The pre-licensing course through Bob Brooks School of Real Estate is $299 for a three-month subscription. This course gives you everything you need including exam prep.
6. Donaldson Real Estate School
For more than four decades, this school has been providing real estate education. They have some of the top instructors in Louisiana. You can take an online or in-person course through Donaldson Real Estate School. All in-person courses are offered in Baton Rouge and Metairie with day and night options.
The online self-study option provides everything you need to get your real estate license in Louisiana. You can choose to get 30 days of access, 90 days of access, or 180 days of access.
The in-person courses cost $545 and offer many different schedule options. You can complete this course in six weeks or even in two weeks.
7. Prep Agent
Maybe you just need the right exam prep for your upcoming real estate exam. Prep Agent offers quality exam prep options but doesn’t offer the pre-licensing course. They offer the following options:
- Basic – Get access to thousands of practice questions for one week for $59.
- Deluxe – Get everything in the Basic package, along with audio lessons, video lessons, flashcards, and more for one month for $79.
- Premium – Get everything in the Deluxe package, along with live webinars and recorded webinars for one year for $99.
All three options come with a money-back guarantee. Whether you need to cram for the exam or you have plenty of time to study, Prep Agent is a good choice.
Frequently Asked Questions About Becoming a Louisiana Real Estate Agent
What can I expect to make in Louisiana as a real estate agent?
ZipRecruiter states the salary you can earn as a real estate agent in Louisiana ranges from about $32K to $137K. Most agents are paid 100% commission, so the earnings can vary quite a bit. The average yearly earnings is about $86K per year.
Indeed.com, on the other hand, has a slightly lower average annual salary at about $75K. If you work for a top real estate broker, you can earn more than $100K per year.
What are the basic requirements to get my Louisiana real estate license?
you need to be at least 18 years of age with a high school education to get your real estate license. It’s also necessary to buy Errors and Omissions insurance, along with finding a sponsoring broker.
Of course, you will need to go through the 90-hour pre-licensing course and pass the real estate exam.
How long will it take me to become a real estate agent in Louisiana?
While it can take some students up to six months to complete the process of becoming a real estate agent in Louisiana, it probably won’t take this long. Most students will complete the requirements in two or three months. However, if you want to work at it full-time, you can be done in about a month.
What is the cost to become a Louisiana real estate agent?
You will spend the majority of your budget on your pre-licensing course. This part of the budget may cost you $200 to $600, depending on the option you choose. It’s also necessary to pay for a background check, the application, the exam, and your insurance. Overall, you can expect to spend anywhere from $400 to $1,100 to become a Louisiana real estate agent.
What can I expect on the Louisiana real estate exam?
The real estate exam in Louisiana will include a total of 135 questions. It will have 80 questions on the national section and 55 questions on the state section. You will have three hours to complete the exam. It’s necessary to score a 75% to pass the exam. This means you need to get 56 questions on the national section correct and 40 correct on the state section.
If you fail the exam, you can retake the exam for a fee. After 90 days, you will have to resubmit your application and start the process, again, however. About half of those taking the test for the first time will fail the state section.
Is it possible to become a real estate agent in Louisiana if I have a criminal record?
It’s possible for a felon to become a real estate agent if the crime was many years ago. Each case is handled on a case-by-case basis by the Louisiana Real Estate commission. The crimes most likely to prohibit someone from getting a real estate license include tax evasion, fraud, theft, and similar crimes.
If you’re ready to start a real estate career, you need one of the best online real estate schools in Louisiana. This type of school will help you to complete your pre-licensing course and take the steps towards becoming a real estate agent.