Known as one of the top names in online education Kaplan offers real estate education and more. In this Kaplan Real Estate Education review, we will focus on the actual real estate courses offered. Whether you need to complete pre-licensing courses or continuing education courses, Kaplan has something for you.
Anybody considering becoming a real estate agent or broker should look closer at Kaplan Real Estate Education. This is one of the leaders in the industry and has plenty to offer. Let’s get on with the Kaplan Real Estate Education review so you can make the right decision.
Kaplan Real Estate Education Review of the Pros & Cons
- Professionals with years of experience in real estate teach the courses – Kaplan uses instructors that are practicing real estate brokers, appraisers, mortgage experts, CPAs, or attorneys.
- Several online learning formants to choose from – They offer live webinar formats and self-paced study formats to choose from.
- Offers more than most other online real estate schools – Kaplan is available in 27 states, which is more than many competitors.
- Excellent support offered for all students – Students gain support through a support portal where they can access technical support. There is also a chat feature for support.
- Highly recognized name in online education – Kaplan is one of the most well-known names in online education.
- Only given access for six months – You will need to complete the course in six months or your online access will expire.
- If you want course materials, shipping is extra – For physical course materials, you will need to pay an additional shipping cost.
- Not available in all states – Kaplan Real Estate Education is only available in 27 states, currently.
- No in-person option for learning – You cannot attend courses in a classroom setting with Kaplan.
- Prices can be higher than other options – Depending on your state, the price might be higher than other online real estate schools.
While there are some cons, the pros often outweigh the cons for many students. Kaplan Real Estate Education is one of the best options found online. It’s well-recognized and known as a top online real estate school.
A Review of the Courses Offered by Kaplan Real Estate Education
Kaplan offers several different courses for those in the real estate industry. Whether you’re ready to get your license or you need to renew your license, they have course options for you.
Real Estate Salesperson Pre-Licensing
This course offered by Kaplan is found in most states where they operate. It will come in different online formats and lengths. The cost and the length will vary depending on state requirements. However, completion of this course will satisfy the requirements to get your real estate license, once you pass the exam.
Real Estate Broker Pre-Licensing
If you want to become a real estate broker, Kaplan has the pre-licensing course for you. They offer live webinars and self-paced options. Each state has different regulations for the courses, so the length and cost will vary.
Continuing Education Real Estate Courses
Kaplan also offers many continuing education courses to choose from. These courses vary in length and cost, depending on your state.
Along with the real estate courses, Kaplan also offers the following options:
- Appraisal Licensing – Get your appraisal license in seven different states with Kaplan Real Estate Education. This course is offered in Colorado, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
- Professional Development – You can learn about how to run a business properly and how to accelerate your real estate career with professional development courses. The includes courses, such as business brokerage training and real estate accelerator.
- Home Inspection Licensing – If you want to become a home inspector, Kaplan offers the licensing course you need. This course is offered in 30 different states, along with Washington D.C.
- Contractor Education – You can also gain access to home contractor training in Wisconsin and Minnesota through Kaplan. These courses will help prepare you to pass the residential real estate contractor exam, become EPA lead-safe certified, or renew your license.
The Format of the Courses
All courses offered by Kaplan Real Estate Education come with different format options. You can choose between the OnDemand Online, Home Study, or Live Online options. Not all states will offer every format, however.
OnDemand Online Courses
With OnDemand online courses, you get pre-recorded, instructor-led videos to teach you every lesson. You can fulfill your state pre-licensing requirements with this type of course and work at your own pace. These courses won’t tie you down to a specific schedule.
The OnDemand packages also include an interactive study group. This can help you prepare for the state and national licensing exams better. Enjoy a lively discussion with other students, ask questions, and better learn the material.
Home Study Courses
If you prefer to work at your own pace without the help of an instructor, this is the option for you. The Home Study program still gives you access to the interactive study group. You will work with PDF textbooks and workbooks to complete all the required courses for your state.
Home Study Courses also come with exam prep for the state and national exams. This is the perfect option for those looking to work at their own pace, whether fast or slow.
Live Online Courses
If you prefer to attend courses on a schedule, the live online courses are for you. These courses are instructor-led and held on a schedule to keep you on track. You still gain access to the interactive study group and you will get virtual classroom exam proctoring, too.
Kaplan Real Estate Education Review of the Cost
The cost for the courses from Kaplan will depend on the state, the course you choose, and the package you choose. Each state has different requirements for the length and training. This causes the prices to vary from one state to another. Let’s look at a few courses in different states to give you a better review of the price for Kaplan Real Estate Education.
Texas Real Estate Agent Licensing Courses
If you want to get your Texas real estate license, you have several options to choose from with Kaplan. They offer OnDemand Online Video Packages, Home Study Package, and Live Online Packages. The cost for each is as follows:
- OnDemand Solution – $449
- OnDemand Career Launcher – $649
- Home Study Solution – $389
- Home Study Career Launcher – $589
- Live Online Solution – $889
- Live Online Career Launcher – $1,089
All upgraded options including the Career Launcher package will include the Real Estate Accelerator course. This course gives you eight hours of education on real-world tools and skills you can use to advance your real estate career faster. You will also receive eight weeks of professional coaching with the Career Launcher upgrade.
New York Real Estate Salesperson License Courses
Since every state is a bit different, looking at the courses offered in New York should give you a better idea of what Kaplan has to offer. The pricing, length, and format of the courses may vary from one state to another.
In New York, you can choose from three different options to fulfill your pre-licensing requirements. These options are:
- New York 75-Hour Salesperson Qualifying Course with Textbook and Master Exam Prep Package – This package costs $509 and gives you everything you need to complete the pre-licensing courses and pass the exams.
- Career Launcher Packager – You get everything in the first package, along with the career launcher courses, which include the Real Estate Accelerator course for $709.
- Carnegie Career Launcher Package – For $909, you get the most complete package with everything in the Career Launcher package, along with extra support, training, and professional development.
All three options are offered in an online self-paced format. There are videos to help illustrate difficult concepts, along with quizzes and unit exams. Practice activities and case studies are used to help you learn better, too.
In some states, Kaplan Real Estate Education has partnered with another school to provide what you need. For example, in Florida, you will actually take courses through the Bob Hogue School of Real Estate.
Continuing Education Course Cost from Kaplan
The cost of continuing education courses from Kaplan Real Estate Education will also vary quite a bit. Some states require more CE hours than others. In some cases, you will have specific courses you will take for the first renewal, as well. Let’s look at a few options to get a better idea of the cost.
Texas Continuing Education Courses
- Texas Complete Salesperson CE Package – $79 to $99
- Real Estate Market Pulse – $59
- Water: How it Affects Property – $49
- Real Estate Bloopers: Preventing Client Horror Stories – $49
- Real Estate Finance Today – $36
- Real Estate Contracts: Essentials and Beyond – $19
The cost of continuing education courses in Texas starts at $9 and goes up to $99. It depends on the format chosen and the course. More expensive courses tend to offer more continuing education credit hours.
New York Continuing Education Courses
- New York Complete CE Package – $133
- Introduction to Real Estate Investments – $44
- Protecting Elders from Real Estate Scams – $34
- Buying Within Your Budget – $34
- Understanding Credit and Improving Credit Scores – $29
- New York Agency – $29
The continuing education courses in New York start at $29 and go up to $133. Most courses are less than $50 for each individual course.
Frequently Asked Questions About Kaplan Real Estate Education
How much can I make as a real estate agent?
Before you decide to get your real estate license, it’s smart to know the type of salary you can make. Most real estate agents are paid on commission. Some may earn a small salary, but that’s rare.
The average yearly earnings for a real estate agent, according to Salary.com is about $43,500. This source puts the range from about $42K to $55K.
Indeed.com has the average salary for a real estate agent at $95K, however. With more experience and the right work ethic, you can certainly make a nice living as a real estate agent.
Can I extend my course with Kaplan, if I cannot complete it within six months?
Maybe. You can request an extension by contacting Kaplan’s customer service team. They will need to verify that you qualify for an extension, however. If you are allowed to extend, there will be a fee based on how long you need access.
Does Kaplan offer any type of money-back guarantee?
Yes, you have 30 days from the purchase date with all courses to cancel. If you cancel at this time, you will get a full refund for any courses you have not completed.
Is Kaplan Real Estate Education accredited?
Yes, in the states they offer courses, they are accredited and approved. You will be able to use these online courses towards your pre-licensing and continuing education requirements.
How long will it take me to complete a course from Kaplan Real Estate Education?
Courses vary from one state to another when it comes to length. For example, the course in Alabama is just 60 hours long, while the course in Colorado is 168 hours long. For most students, it will take four to six months to complete the pre-licensing courses. However, you can complete the courses faster, if you prefer.
Finding the right online real estate school isn’t easy. There are plenty of choices, but not all are the same. Kaplan Real Estate Education is known as a leader for online real estate courses. They offer many options to help you get your license and keep it.
Whether you want to become a real estate agent, a broker, or renew your license, Kaplan can help. They offer many formants to choose from with online courses and live classroom options. If it’s time for you to get your real estate license, Kaplan Real Estate Education offers just what you need.