Getting your real estate license doesn’t have to be difficult. If you want to become a real estate agent, you’ll need to find the right online real estate school in California. With the right school, you’ll gain many benefits.
Attending online real estate school means you can do the coursework from home. This also allows you to work at your own pace. You can complete the necessary coursework as quickly or as slowly as you’d like.
Before you choose just any California online real estate school, you should know how to choose. After the list of top online real estate schools in California, you’ll few tips to help you choose the right school for you!
Top 5 California Online Real Estate Schools
1. Real Estate Express
Known as one of the top options when it comes to getting your real estate license, Real Estate Express is a great option. This online school works great for those in California. The easy online access makes this school one of the top options. They provide you with more than just pre-licensing courses, too.
Real Estate Express has earned a reputation as the top real estate school online. With nearly 50,000 online reviews from past students, it’s known as the right choice for those seeking a real estate license.
- Get My License
- Upgrade My License
- Continuing Education
With Real Estate Express, you can also get continuing education courses. This can really help as you work through the first few years of being a real estate agent.
Real Estate Express offers four different packages, which are:
- The Basics – For $119, you get everything you need to work at your own pace and get your real estate license.
- Exam Preparation – For $225, you get all the basic stuff, along with extra exam preparation and a few other benefits.
- Exam Preparation Plus – For $349, you get help from live expert instructors and the Exam Cram video.
- Ultimate Learning – For $449, you will get everything for your pre-licensing including exam prep, along with a printed textbook and a one-year professional development membership.
All of the packages give you everything you need and more. The pricing is often discounted as they run sales often.
2. Aceable Real Estate School
Another top real estate school in California you can attend online is Aceable. They offer an approved curriculum by the California Department of Real Estate. You can use the mobile app for their course and even get an online textbook.
Industry-leading exam pass rates from a team of the best from NASA, Harvard, and MIT, AceableAgent is Legit!
- Pre-Licensing Courses
- Continuing Education
- Real Estate Training Courses
Aceable is a leader in online education.
Aceable Real Estate offers a straightforward delivery system for the content. You will use PDF documents to read the information and learn what you need to learn. The prelicensing course will give you the 135 hours you need to get your license. You’ll be better prepared for the test, as well.
Choose from three different packages with Aceable Agent including:
- The Essentials – Get the pre-licensing courses only with the self-paced online PDF format for just $119.
- Ace The Exam – Get the Essentials package, along with video and audio lessons and exam prep for just $169.
- Ultimate Interactive – This plan gives you everything from the Ace The Exam package, along with an hour of private tutoring and live webinars.
All the packages will help you meet the requirements to get your California real estate license.
3. The CE Shop
The CE Shop offers a good choice for your online real estate school in California. They offer everything you need to complete your pre-licensing requirements. All packages will include three 45-hour online interactive courses to fulfill your requirements.
You get a 96% student satisfaction rate and a 91% national student pass rate with The CE Shop. You can even complete the coursework as fast as seven and a half weeks. Packages from The CE Shop include:
- Course Only – Get just what you need to fulfill your requirements for just $129.
- Standard Package – Upgrade to this package for exam prep and a pass guarantee for $189.
- Value Package – You can get even more with all the standard offers, along with the business builder courses for just $229.
- Premium Package – If you want all the value pack offers and continuing education courses, this is for you and it’s $269.
Very often, you can get a better price as they run sales often. All courses include digital flashcards, a study schedule, and many other resources.
A well-known name in education, Kaplan offers real estate pre-licensing courses in many states including California. They provide multiple options including live and online classes. You can take live online courses or even live in-person courses through Kaplan. They cater to all learning styles.
The Kaplan real estate school offers multiple packages including:
- Basic Home Study – This package is the least expensive at $179 and allows you to work at your own pace at home.
- OnDemand – Get the 135-hour pre-licensing course you need with an interactive study group and a mentor to help for $399.
- Live Online – With this package, you get access to everything you need, along with live online courses with an actual instructor for $549.
There are also upgrades to all of these packages allowing you to get test prep and even a career launcher course. Kaplan offers options from $179 to $949 with a total of 10 options to choose from.
Along with pre-licensing courses, Kaplan offers broker license courses, continuing education courses, and several other courses to help you become a successful real estate agent.
Another good online real estate school in California is Mbition. This school offers the pre-licensing courses and makes it very easy to complete the work at your own pace. They offer multiple packages including:
- Silver Solution – For $129, you will get the pre-licensing course in an eBook format with practice exams.
- Gold Solution – For $269, you will get the pre-licensing course, along with real estate exam prep and a pass the first-time guarantee.
- Platinum Solution – For $339, you get all that’s included in the other packages, along with an exam prep toolkit, additional textbooks, and more.
Along with the pre-licensing courses, Mbition offers many other textbooks and courses for self-study. They also offer continuing education courses and broker license courses for California.
How to Choose an Online Real Estate School in California
Picking the right online real estate school means you should look at a few main factors including:
- The cost
- How you prefer to learn
- The accreditation
- The curriculum
- The reputation of the school
These five factors will help you choose the right school for your needs.
You will need to be able to afford the online real estate school in California you choose. There are many options out there and they come in at different costs. While most of the pre-licensing courses are not very expensive, you might want test prep materials, continuing education courses, and more.
How You Prefer to Learn
There are many different learning styles. Make sure you choose a real estate school offering the type of learning you prefer. From self-paces to virtual classes, there are a few different options to consider.
You will need to choose a California real estate school online that is approved by the California Department of Real Estate. This is the necessary accreditation you need in any school you choose.
The online real estate school you choose will need to have the proper curriculum. If they are approved by the California Department of Real Estate, they will likely offer the right curriculum. Make sure to check before you choose an online real estate school in California.
The Reputation of the School
Of course, you want to choose one of the best online real estate schools in California with a great reputation. Look at the reviews online and how long they have been around.
Frequently Asked Questions About Online Real Estate Schools in California
How long will I need to work on pre-licensing requirements?
You will need a minimum of 7.5 weeks to complete the pre-licensing courses. There are three 45-hour courses and California won’t allow you to complete each one faster than 2.5 weeks. However, most students will take three to four months to complete the course.
Will I need to pass a final exam?
Yes, you will need to pass your pre-licensing course, and the state licensing exam. Many of the best online real estate schools in California offer exam prep to help you pass.
Will college credits work for my pre-licensing requirements?
Yes, if you have real estate or law courses, you can use these as part of your prelicensing. You can get up to 45 credits towards pre-licensing with the right college credits.
Will I need to complete California real estate school to become a real estate agent?
Yes. You have to complete the 135 hours of classes before you can become an agent. There are options with virtual classes above and others allowing you to meet the requirement at your own pace. You can even start the coursework before you move to California.
Getting your real estate license in California doesn’t have to be difficult. With one of the online real estate schools, you’ll be able to fulfill the requirements and get the exam prep you need.