These days, a new driver doesn’t have to attend a physical school to take Colorado drivers ed. All it takes is a stable internet connection to attend driver education courses from the comforts of home.
If you work a steady job or would simply like to receive driver education without going to a physical location, online courses present the best options. Read on to know about all the DMV-approved driver education online courses in Colorado.
Once you finish a DMV-approved driver education course online in Colorado, the driving school will notify the DMV regarding your completion of the course. Following the notification, a driving license will be issued to you based on your performance during the course.
Top Colorado Driving Schools Online to Choose From
- Teen Driving Course: If you’re completely new to driving, Teen Driving Course is the best place online to receive your driving education. The lessons developed by Teen Driving Course are easy to understand for newbies, and information contained in the lessons is never complex. Teen Driving Course started its business by providing home-based driving lessons through mail. However, since the advent of high-speed internet, they have moved online.
- DriversEd.com: If you want a quality driving course online without shelling out a fortune, check out the courses on DriversEd.com. Its courses are highly interactive, which ensures that students never get bored. One of the highlights of the courses on DriversEd.com is the “make your own decision” animations that can help learners make correct decisions in potentially tricky situations.
- Driver Ed To Go: Driver Ed To Go is one of the most reputed online driving schools in Colorado, and to date, it has served more than 4 million students. The company guarantees all its students their passing success, which is proof of its teaching ability. The company employs a wide variety of instructional techniques so that learners never get bored. From instructional drills to interactive videos to assigned reading – Driver Ed To Go has it all.
- IDriveSafely: I Drive Safely is one of the most trusted online driving education websites. The best thing about the company is its round-the-clock customer support. Its courses have everything necessary to ensure that students get their licenses without any trouble when the time comes. IDriveSafely relies on an infotainment-based formula for teaching students, which has been quite successful so far.
- WelcomeDriver: WelcomeDriver is yet another high-quality website with quality driving courses aimed at helping aspiring drivers learn what they need to quickly. The courses are broken down into small sections so that even their busiest learners can make space for them in their daily schedules. The courses also track the students’ progress, ensuring that they can start where they left off from any place with a stable internet connection.
- 911 Driving School: 911 Driving School develops courses for both teen and adult drivers. The best thing about the company is that it hires first responders and police officers to instruct its students. There are unlimited online practice tests, which learners can keep taking to sharpen their skills. When learners are ready, they can get in touch with the company to work one-on-one with one of its qualified instructors.
- I Gotta Drive: I Gotta Drive is yet another excellent driver education website in Colorado that offers DMV-approved courses in various packages. Learners can pick the packages based on their needs and requirements. From general driver’s ed courses to permit prep courses to practice tests and more – I Gotta Drive offers aspiring drivers plenty of options to choose from.
- Colorado Driving Institute: With more than 25 years of experience in the driving education field, Colorado Driving Institute offers both full-fledged courses and crash courses. The company also offers state-certified drive tests to learners who are ready to take the final step before they can finally take their cars out onto the roads of Colorado.
- DriveSafe Driving Schools: DriveSafe puts great emphasis on safe driving, which is why it’s the ideal choice for both teens and adults who want to learn how to drive. Their innovative DriveSafe for Life System allows students to familiarize themselves with the rules and regulations of driving in Colorado, along with all the necessary, safe driving habits.
When can you attend Colorado drivers ed courses?
You must at least be a teenager to be considered eligible for the DMV-approved driver education courses online that we mentioned previously. Most companies provide education for both teens and adults and have various packages that learners can choose from.
No prior driver’s license is required to attend the courses, and the courses usually commence after the necessary payments are made to the chosen company.
When can’t you attend Colorado driver education courses?
There are almost no restrictions in terms of attending online driver education courses in Colorado. Even a person who has no wish to obtain a driver’s license can sign up for the courses and complete them.
Completing the course is sure to enhance learners’ knowledge regarding handling their vehicles on public roads, which increases his/her chances of obtaining a driver’s license later on in life.
What will happen after you attend driver ed in Colorado?
If you are doing a course to obtain a driver’s license in Colorado, you have to appear for a driving test after completing the course. The skills you learned during the course will be thoroughly tested during the driving test. You will be given a driver’s license (or rejected) based on your performance during the test.
You can also complete a course simply to enhance your knowledge regarding driving in Colorado. It’s not mandatory to sign up for a course merely to obtain a license.
More FAQs about Colorado Driver Education
How much does drivers education cost in Colorado?
Fees for driver education vary from one institute to another. For detailed information regarding the costs involved, we recommend you to visit the official websites of the companies mentioned previously.
What is the best driver education school online in Colorado?
We’ve covered several driver education institutes in this post already. At the same time, all of them offer a wide variety of courses that cater to learners’ varying needs and requirements. Some of the best schools include Driver Ed To Go, Teen Driving Course, IDriveSafely, and DriversEd.com.
How long does driver education take in Colorado?
The length of a course depends purely on what kind of course it is. For example, if you only pay for a practice test, the length of the course will be as long as you take to complete the test. The best thing about online driver education courses in Colorado is that they are not timed. So you can take as long as you want to finish them, as you can always access the material.
How does driver education work in Colorado?
When you sign up for a driver education program online and make the necessary payments, you will automatically gain access to the study material specific to the course you’ve chosen. The course may or may not include tests. After you’ve completed all the lessons and the tests, your course will come to a conclusion. Some institutes offer learners the chance to take their online learning to the next level by scheduling a meet with a qualified instructor for one or more one-on-one sessions.
What is the most straightforward online driver education course in Colorado?
Driver Ed To Go and DriversEd.com have to be the companies that offer the easiest driver education courses online in Colorado. This is because they have an array of interactive videos that allow learners to enhance their skills rapidly. However, this doesn’t mean that the courses developed by other companies are hard. All courses offered by the companies mentioned previously have been developed by keeping different principles in mind.
Is driver education better online or in-person?
The answer to this question depends purely on what your daily life is like. For example, if you stay busy with your work or your studies, pursuing a driver education course online would be much more convenient. In such a scenario, receiving in-person education may be difficult as you would have to make time out from your busy schedule to accommodate your driving lessons.
However, if you have time on your hands, there’s no reason why you can’t opt for an in-person training course. In-person training involves a more ‘hands-on’ approach, which makes practical learning much more effective. But if you want to brush up on your theory before you move on to the practical side of things, we recommend completing an online course first.
Related Learning Opportunities
Arizona Traffic School
With Arizona traffic school, you can have one ticket dismissed every year. Keep it off your driving record and keep your insurance rates low!
Oklahoma Teen Drivers Ed
The importance of our online courses to provide the tools teens need and parents can trust when it comes to online courses for the state of Oklahoma.
New Jersey Defensive Driving Course
Can a New Jersey defensive driving course dismiss a ticket? Learn about the requirements of online driver improvement programs available.
North Carolina Defensive Driving Course
North Carolina defensive driving courses help drivers who need to dismiss a ticket or are looking to save money on their car insurance.
Missouri Defensive Driving
Can you erase driving record points, dismiss tickets or save on insurance? Learn about state requirements on our defensive driving Missouri page.
Kentucky Traffic School: The Online Version
Can KY traffic school erase driving points, dismiss tickets or save on car insurance? Learn about state requirements on our Kentucky traffic school page.