This MasterClass review will help you understand what MasterClass offers and if it’s worth your time. There are many benefits to using this type of platform for learning. First, let’s look at what MasterClass can offer.
What is MasterClass?
A platform founded by Aaron Rasmussen and David Rogier, MasterClass has been around since 2014. They offer all types of courses and have served more than one million students.
This e-learning platform is filled with A-list instructors offering courses on the basics of many different subjects. However, unlike other online education programs, Masterclass provides in-depth lessons in all kinds of fields.
The online courses offer a very good personal touch. Many student reviews of MasterClass report feeling like they are actually with the instructors. MasterClass has become popular for two main reasons:
- Incredible Video Quality – They offer some of the highest-quality videos online today. In addition, you will enjoy Hollywood-quality productions from MasterClass with easy-to-watch video series options.
- Famous Instructors – Want to learn cooking from a top chef? What about sports from an elite athlete? MasterClass offers this type of experience with famous instructors you won’t find anywhere else.
If you’re looking for one of the best ways to learn from top experts, MasterClass gives you exactly what you’re after.
MasterClass Celebrity-Taught Courses in Many Categories
If you want to learn from a celebrity, you can start with MasterClass. They offer 11 different categories of classes you can take, including:
- Arts & Entertainment
- Community & Government
- Design & Style
- Home & Lifestyle
- Science & Tech
- Sports & Gaming
You can choose any category you want and find celebrity-taught courses. When you read student MasterClass reviews, you will determine how much they like specific courses due to the instructor. Some of the celebrity-taught courses include:
- Learn cooking from Gordon Ramsay
- Take a tennis lesson with Serena Williams
- Get some acting tips from Samuel L. Jackson
- Enjoy a writing course from Neil Gaiman
- Pro-level basketball skills with Steph Curry
- Explore Hip-Hop Storytelling with NAS
Many other celebrities teach courses on MasterClass. So you can learn all types of things from experts and celebrities on this platform.
Masterclass plans to add more celebrities to the platform very soon. Some of the celebrities coming to the platform include:
- Metallica – Being a band
- Yo-Yo Ma – Music and Connection
They added many other courses from celebrities, such as Jessie Krebs, Corey Damen Jenkins, and James Cameron. New classes are added every month to Masterclass.
How Does MasterClass Work?
MasterClass offers courses with videos ranging from 5 to 15 minutes in length. Some are longer, but this is about the average length. You will work through a series of videos on a topic of your choosing. Most classes include 10 to 30 total lessons.
With each class, you will get workbooks, community activities, and assignments. The instructors pre-record the videos. You can expect to spend two to five hours taking a course with MasterClass.
When you read the online Masterclass reviews, you will find many five-star reviews. Students love the structure of the classes and the instructors.
All courses include videos, workbooks, and access to the community. This gives you all the content you need, along with the support you desire.
Pros and Cons for MasterClass
Just like anything, MasterClass has pros and cons. But, of course, when you want to choose the right platform for e-learning, you want to make sure it fits well for you. So let’s look at the pros and cons of MasterClass.
- Very Affordable – MasterClass offers reasonable pricing for premium lessons from experts. You can get an annual membership for $180. This membership offers unlimited access to all the classes, including anything new offered. You will also gain access to the mobile and TV apps with this membership.
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee – With the All-Access plan, you get a money-back guarantee to allow you to test Masterclass out.
- A-List Celebrities – You can learn many different things from many different celebrities. Whether you want to learn cooking from top chefs or sports from top athletes, you’ll find courses on MasterClass fitting your needs.
- Many Topics – MasterClass offers 11 categories with many different topics. There are more than 100 classes on the platform, with more added every month.
- Great Course Structure – The courses are often divided into a series of smaller lessons. The lessons may range from five minutes to a full hour. This allows you to learn at your own pace with shorter lessons for each course.
- Cannot Interact with Instructors – Unlike some e-learning platforms, you cannot interact with your instructors. If you have a question, you don’t get to ask it. Since all content is pre-recorded, you won’t be able to interact with any of the instructors. However, you do get to learn from a celebrity.
- Not Much Community Engagement – While MasterClass puts a heavy emphasis on community engagement, it’s not very high. Students can interact with each other, but they don’t often do so. Most take classes and never actually communicate with each other through the platform.
- Only One Subscription Option – You cannot buy just one month or even three months with MasterClass. While it’s very affordable at just $15 per month, they only allow you to buy a yearly pass. There is no option for any other type of subscription.
Using MasterClass for Your Business
A great option offered by MasterClass is the membership options for businesses. If you want your sales team to learn from experts or others in your business to learn expert skills, this is a great way to train your staff.
Masterclass offers business memberships with a discount. The regular price of $180 per member is discounted by 5% to 35% if you purchase at least five annual memberships. Every business membership comes with the following:
- Access to all 100+ classes
- Access to all new classes added every month
- Audio-only lesson access
- Ability to download and watch lessons offline
- PDF workbooks for all classes
- And More!
When you choose the business option, you can train your entire staff with classes, such as:
- Business Strategy and Leadership taught by Bob Iger
- Sales and Persuasion taught by Daniel Pink
- The Art of Negotiation taught by Chris Voss
- Economics and Society taught by Paul Krugman
- Business Leadership taught by Howard Schultz
There are many great courses you can use to train your team on business, or any other subject. When you want everybody on the same page, this is a great way to make sure they learn from experts.
Frequently Asked Questions About MasterClass
What do I get with my MasterClass membership?
When you buy a membership with MasterClass, you gain access to more than 100 classes. Top celebrities and experts will teach these classes in the field.
Classes will consist of about 20 video lessons of about 10 minutes, on average. You will also get an in-depth workbook to go along with each class. Your membership with Masterclass also provides access to the apps, members’ only newsletter, dynamic community, and offline lessons.
Where can I watch my video courses with MasterClass?
MasterClass gives you access to watch the videos in many different ways, including:
- On your Smartphone
- On a personal computer
- With Amazon Fire TV
- Using the Roku streaming media player
- On Apple TV
It’s even possible to download your lessons and watch them offline. They can be turned into audio-only lessons, as well.
What can I learn with MasterClass?
There are many different classes you can take on MasterClass. They offer 11 categories with more than 100 total courses. Examples of some of the courses you can take include:
- Better Sleep with Matthew Walker
- Photography with Annie Liebovitz
- Cooking with Wolfgang Puck
- Gardening with Ron Finley
- Interior Design with Kelly Wearstler
- Mixology with Lynnette Marrero & Ryan Chetiyawardana
- Poker Strategy with Phil Ivey
- Skateboarding with Tony Hawk
- Athlete’s Mindset with Wayne Gretzky
You can learn all kinds of things from MasterClass. So whether you’re interested in learning the art of cooking or you prefer to perfect your jump shot, there’s an option on this e-learning platform for just about anybody.
Does MasterClass offer discounts?
Occasionally, MasterClass may offer sales discounts. For example, they do offer a business discount for anybody buying five or more memberships at once. The discount ranges from 5% to 35% based on how many memberships you buy. This option is great for businesses and any other group looking to get a discounted membership.
If you’re looking to learn new skills from some top experts and celebrities, MasterClass is a great option. This e-learning platform offers more than 100 classes, and they add new options every month. For $15 per month, this is one of the top choices for those looking to learn new skills from A-list celebrities and experts.